Off the Grid
We’re Off the Grid, using solar electricity and every possible form of catching the sun:
- solar water distilling
- solar herb dehydrating
- solar lanterns, path lights, and motion sensor spot lights
- solar desk lights
- solar flashlights
Why do we use the sun for our electricity? It’s the responsible thing to do and the systems are sophisticated enough now to make it possible. Using public electricity means burning coal. Our lifestyles require more organization and conscious behaviors, in all aspects, which removes taking for granted many many things.
Solar Electricity Equipment
Main Lodge and wooden bungalows have LED lights powered by 15 KW of solar panels and battery bank with back up LPG generator.
Single Rooms, Delux Suites, and Meditation Octagon have Sundaya stand-alone panels and LED lights connected to a big truck battery which connects to a small bank of solar panels.
It’s all about catching the sun and recharging
Solar packs for the desk lights and lanterns for the pathways catching their recharging rays.
We’re still welcoming ideas. . . bring ‘em on!
If you want to help us buy:
- replacement LED bulbs US$15,
- solar-motion-sensor-spotlights for the walking paths US$35,
- stand alone solar light kits from Kopernik in Ubud (2-light kit is US$250; 4-light kit is US$500)
- solar water purifier (a big one from Mata Air in Bali) US$800
. . . send us an email at email@example.com to the attention of Patricia, our founder. She’ll email, call or text you to discuss what you’d like to do.
Thanks in advance.