The message was loud and clear, “Build a Silent Retreat Center for Prayer and Meditation.” (not vipassana, not a religious supported ashram, no guru, no dogma). Who’s to say when or how or why we’re called to do what we do, but after much personal resistance, and a vision of 2 mountains, water, and hotsprings, the “where”search began. Serendipitous events rolled into play, including a significant – but not enough – donation from a philanthropist in Switzerland, who shortly thereafter passed away. A Balinese family, with 4 hectares at the base of the mountain, and vision to protect the land for future generations appeared on scene. . . and a partnership for 100 years was forged. People continue to show up with skills for this or that: construction experts, permaculture maniacs, yoga gurus, whole, raw & ethnic chefs, and many worker-bees; Western, Balinese and Javanese. We continue to . . . .
- stumble forward with trust that the right people and events arrive at the right time and place
- keep our hearts open to new ideas and loving philosophy
- embrace Truth
- experiment, brain-storm and support creative process
- support an environment for maximum human potential
- feel passionate about having 100 persons in prayer and meditation
- meditate and pray daily and listen to Divine Source.
We operate as a non profit and 50% of our beds (the dormitories) are profit free. Our commitment is to make pursuing a spiritual path affordable with a top-end ashram ambiance. We rely on dedicated Balinese workers and western volunteers, who value working in a creative, spiritual and healthy environment, as a collaborative team in a super eco green community, laughing and enjoying life.
Some of the people who are the glue:
To Contact Us
- within Indonesia call 081353486517
- outside Indonesia call +6281353486517